Here are the 10 most clicked stories over the past year:
1. Worker dies in accident at Alabama Koch Foods plant
Authorities are investigating the death of a worker at a Koch Foods poultry plant in Montgomery, Alabama.
2. Why broilers need darkness every day
Commercial broilers may not spend enough time in the dark. At least four hours of darkness per day should be allowed for best performance.
3. Top 25 American Egg Farmers in 2021
Top 20 U.S. egg producers – according to data from Egg Industry’s Top Egg Company survey, which is part of WATT Global Media’s database of the world’s top producers of broilers, turkeys, and turkeys. ‘eggs – are graded according to the size of their laying flocks at the end of 2020.
4. Wayne Farms and Sanderson Farms merge
5. Sustainable poultry feed innovation recycles organic waste
New technology can convert organic byproducts and waste into a sustainable food ingredient for poultry.
6. Perdue Farms Forklift Driver Dies in Accident
A forklift driver at Lost Farms Mid-Atlantic distribution center in Prince George, Virginia, died after being involved in an apparent workplace accident on May 7.
7. Tyson Foods changes male breeders
The president of Tyson FoodsThe chicken company said the company was modifying the males used in its breeding program in an effort to improve its supply situation for broilers.
8. Rivers speaks on Wayne Farms and the Sanderson merger
New Combined Business Wayne Farms and Sanderson Farms will form a better business together than they were separately, according to the chosen leader of the new joint venture between Continental Grain and Cargill.
9. Expect the 2022 cage-free mandates to disrupt the US egg market
California Proposition 12 and Massachusetts cage-free legislation are expected to have major effects on the U.S. egg market when they come into effect on January 1, 2022.
10. 3 technologies ready to advance poultry production
New technologies – from 3D cameras to machine vision to autonomous robots – are ready to transform the poultry farms of tomorrow.