SELF Medical Review Committee
Kevin S. Shah, MD, FACC, FHFSA, is a Quad Board Certified Cardiologist with expertise in advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology. He currently practices as an academic cardiologist specializing in heart failure and transplantation and director of a cardiovascular intensive care unit, dividing his time between clinical care, research and education.
- Director of a cardiovascular intensive care unit
- Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine, Echocardiography, and Cardiology of Heart Failure and Transplantation
- University of California San Diego (MD in Internal Medicine)
- University of California, Los Angeles (Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship)
- Cedars Sinai (Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship)
Career Highlights and Honors
- Dr. Shah has won numerous awards including House Officer of the Year, the Journal of American College of Cardiology William W. Parmley Young Author Achievement Award and was elected to the Vice President’s Clinical and Translational Research Program (VPCAT) from the University of Utah.
- Dr. Shah served as co-chair of the Heart Failure Society of America’s (HFSA) position statement on the impact of health care disparities on heart failure patients and hosted Season 2 of Heart Failure Beat, a vendor podcast for the HFSA.
- Dr. Shah has a personal and professional interest in reducing the burden of heart disease in the South Asian community due to personal loss at a young age and was co-author of the American Heart Scientific Statement Association on Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in South Asians in the United States.
Publications, books and media
- Dr. Shah has published over forty peer-reviewed research articles on topics ranging from disparities to heart failure outcomes and heart disease biomarkers.
- In his spare time, Dr. Shah enjoys spending time with his family or consuming stand-up comedies.