Icon-o-matic is a plugin for Movable Type that allows you to easily insert any image into an entry, and any commenter to insert an image into their comment . To restate: Icon-o-matic allows you to easily re-use any image with one click! Some of the features you’ll find in Icon-o-matic are:
- A single click lets you add an icon to your entry, or lets your commenter add an icon to their comment.
- Authors and commenters can use different sets of icons.
- Add or remove available icons by simply uploading to (or deleting from) your web server. Organize by creating subdirectories.
- Change the position of the icon selection bar to accomodate many and/or large icons.
- Specify an HTML “wrapper” to help keep formatting consistent.
Yes, the icons on this page were entered with Icon-o-matic!
Current version: 2.09, released 01/31/07.
- Background and Use Ideas
- Plugin Version Notes
- Looking for support? Use the Helpdesk.
- Movable Type version 3.3 or 3.2. The newest features require MT 3.3 or later; see the Plugin Version Notes for details.
File::FindPerl module (part of any standard Perl installation)
Purchase a copy of Icon-o-matic for only $10. After purchasing, you’ll receive an e-mail with a link to download the Icon-o-matic plugin.